My Blog Guest Experience @ the Lagos Carnival....


Written by Olawale oladipo
I was there at the Lagos Carnival on the 19th of April, 2012. Though I got there late at around 3pm or so and it has started like 10am. People were many to the extent I thought I was on hajj mission (as if I’ve been to hajj before). Well, we were at two entrance but we couldn’t enter because they said they are for VIPs, as if u can’t still go the section after entering to the normal gate, mtchew , rubbish.

As I was saying jare, we were sha directed to one small gate like that, used for both entrance and exit, imagine one small and tiny stairs o for both. God will make me VIP one day sha. One man was even trying to guide and block people from falling and stepping over his children but alas it was the man that fell down.


At last we sha entered, It was like the day I went for the ‘Experience” convention, people inside were far more than people outside when I was even thinking people were already going home. 

After like 3 minutes that we entered everybody at the part of the stand where I was started coughing. Reason I suspected was tear gas, but it couldn’t b because none of were shedding tears, less I forget I already saw some carnival outside going home sef, and I was amazed when I even saw some “Oyibos” on horses for one particular carnival like that and some Hausas sef and after all the carnival isn’t for Lagosians only but I still have to find out sha. Where did I stop sefbefore the digression, ehen, before I knew it, I was at the main auditorium, but this time with my friends snapping and drinking. 


One small but mighty woman (she has both big boobies and yansh) like that was dancing seriously trying to get some attention and collect money (the main purpose), she was really dancing with her boobies that I was thinking hope this things won’t fall down sha. I’m very sure she will use most of the money she collected to treat body aches, the booby ache in particular. One other man dressed and was acting like wooli agba in that dance drama alfa sule. 

One of my other friends came and took me to the VIP area, we were there chillin and I was thinking is this not the reason why I wanted to be bitten by dogs because I wanted to enter through the VIP gate. I shook my head and prayed again.  When Gov. Fashola was recognized I was outside then taking fresh air.

After we got in back Wizkid or Wiziki as Jennifer called him was around at about 6pm and luckily for me, he passed my front with one power bike like that and people mobbed him, but I was indifferent because I actually wanted to hear Eldee sing and not Wizkid. He sang for like 5 mins sha, Azonto and one other song then he left the stage, in the process he even threw his shirt to the fans. When he was leaving with his bike he was mobbed again and I was hearing one guy shouting “eje ko fi nkan le fun awon boys na” meaning let him drop something for boys, indeed boys are not smiling and this time he got a cut on his head, on top of his left eye that looks like a bottle cut but indeed it was a finger nail cut. He was carried away with ambulance at last like an injured player on the field of play.
After wizkid’s performance different announcement started coming for parents looking for their kids and kids looking for their parents. By this time the DJ has stopped playing music, and all we cud hear is the announcement and people talkin here and there. All the sponsporers like MTN are already going home but I was there still chilling with my friends.


At last it came to an end and let’s b serious it was an interesting event, wish it cud done like once in a week, we left like around past 7. Odun o’larinrin


Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment