NEXT TO BLOW: My Music Is A Message - Eminiic


by Babajide Awoyinfa

He is one of the new breed of hip hop artistes currently gaining momentum and about to explode on the big stage. He is known as Eminiic, an acronym for Every Moment In Natural Interesting Interesting Cases. The musician, whose real name is Emmanuel Prince Adiele, is fast making a name as an artiste with a knack for boredom-breaking songs. At the moment, his debut single “Ugly Temptation” which was released on February 15, 2012, is a big buzz on radio.

Signed to Cuzio Records in January 2012, Eminiic is being tipped by music pundits to be the next artiste to dominate the music scene. In a recent encounter, the Imo State-born artiste talked about his love for music, his need to reach people through his songs, and his hopes for the future. Excerpts.



What do you think is the desired catalyst for the music industry?
I think more attention should be given to up-and-coming talents who are seeking for avenues to showcase their talents. Talent hunt projects should be encouraged and there should be some form of encouragement from the already established stakeholders in the music business.

Given that the industry is just coming out of the devastating effect of the global economic crunch, what are your chances of becoming a commercial success?
Economic crunch or not, people will survive. Humans have a way of adapting to changes and in every aspect of life there must be hard work for results to come out. My record label, Cuzio Records, and the management team are not relenting in their efforts to promote me and my music. I believe that with God every dream can actually be actualized.
 
How did you come about your stage name? 
I am a very natural person that believes in nature and its aura. Things around me affect me and as such I always try to be full of fun, that is the background to my stagename, Eminiic, which is an acronym for “Every Moment In Natural Interesting Interesting Cases”. However, my real name is Emmanuel Adiele from Imo State, but I was born and bred in Lagos State.

How would you describe your creative work (in this case, your music and your performance) to people who have never seen or heard about you?
I would say my music is in a class of its own. I am always free and natural in whatever I do. My act is natural. I flow easily with the groove. I can confidently say that my music and act are all-round natural.
Looking back at your early childhood, what was your first experience with music like?  What song do you remember most as a child?
When I was 11 years old, I performed at a wedding, miming Michael Bolton’s song, “Lean On Me”. The crowd was wowed. That was the day I knew there was something about me and my voice. “Lean On Me” was the first song I ever performed. The event of that day remains vivid in my mind and it gave me hope at some particular point in time. Back then as a child, I was close to my dad who always played the music of African legends such as Osadebe, Oliver de Coque and their likes. Nowadays, the rhythm has changed; we are mostly concerned with fun and groove; a kind of music that is somewhat physical; back then, music was for the soul.

What made you first realize you wanted to pursue a career in music?
Right from when I was young, I have always had this feeling deep down inside of me that I love seeing people happy and entertained. From that moment, I started seeing things around me as inspirational, couple with the fact that people always commend my voice even when I speak. I don't see music as an external factor that you pursue, but rather I see it as a force from within. My music comes from within me, but everything I see around me serves as an inspiration. So I am a natural artist.
 
What do you sing about?
My songs are about what happens around me. I pass messages across with what I see in our every day society.
 
How long have you been performing?
I have been performing since when I was 11 years old. But my professional career took off in 2010, the year I entered the university.


When can you regard as your biggest break so far in your music career?
Every opportunity has always been valuable to me. But to every man there is a moment that gives him a thrill. The recently concluded Calabar Star Trek was a great moment for me because I left the stage with an overwhelming applause from the crowd.
 
How will describe your type of music?
I play Afro-R&B pop with a feel of techno.

What impact did being a member of a choir has on your music career?
The choir has really influenced my musical ability largely because my vocal power was honed and harnessed during my days as a chorister in the church.  As I said earlier, every aspect of the society has affected my love for the industry, but places of social gathering, such as parties and weddings has played a huge role in my life.

What is the concept behind “Ugly Temptation”?
The concept came naturally. The inspiration came while I was hanging out with friends in a club while on a vacation in one of the islands. The song is a groovy one that you must dance to if you listen to it and it will definitely wipe away boredom in your life.

What is your motivation to continue performing?
If there is anything I like, it is thrilling a crowd - the feeling inside of me has always been my drive; and the response I get from crowd has always been a motivation. My music is natural; together with Cuzio Records, we fine-tuned the rhythm to get the best out of it. 
 
What is the big news about you now?
I intend to go on tours to promote the Temptation video, which already has started trending on Twitter. I can say that the future is heavily-loaded for me and my team.
If you are given the privilege to pick three artistes for collaboration, who will you pick?
 R Kelly, Nicki Minaj and Tuface - I admire their consistency and influences.

Is there anyone you would acknowledge for making your dream come true as an artist?
First of all, the appreciation goes to God almighty - Baba God noni - and secondly, to the team at Cuzio Records. The management team is awesome.
 
What makes you think that you are the next to blow?
I believe in myself. Moreover, people are already appreciating my songs. And they are showing me love too. I am already on the big stage and I am unique. My name is Eminiic. Follow me on twitter @iameminiic to get the latest events coming up about me.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment