Fire Guts Gbenga Okunowo 's Home In Ibadan


An early Sunday morning fire has razed to the ground the Ibadan duplex of ex-Barcelona and Eagles star Gbenga Okunowo. A pathetic Okunowo himself told MTNFootball.com that his house was completely razed to the ground by a fire coming from the NEPA office premises next door to his house on Ring Road in Ibadan.
My whole house is gone. Even the clothes, boxers and slippers I’m wearing now were given to me by friends,” he lamented. 
“My passport, my European residence papers, my medals and trophies, all my belongings in the house were lost to the fire, which started around 2.30 am on Sunday from the NEPA compound next to my house. “I’m lucky that no one was injured from this fire. I had to escape from the fire for me to still be alive today
“I am still in a big shock, but I have contacted my lawyers to know what next to do.”
The former Barcelona of Spain fullback further told MTNFootball.com he estimates that what he lost is worth over 80 million Naira.


MTNFootball.com checks showed that the entire upstairs of the house of the house was destroyed, while about 10 cars in the NEPA compound were also burnt completely apparently from a canteen in that compound.

Okunowo, a right back with attacking drive, recently returned to the Nigeria Premier League (NPL) with Sunshine Stars, but will later be dropped by the Akure club. He featured for Nigeria at the 2000 Africa Cup of Nations jointly hosted by Nigeria and Ghana, where the Eagles were beaten in the final by arch-rivals Cameroon.

He also represented Nigeria at U17 and U20 levels. Take Heart bro. i Hope the NFA should be able to do something.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment