Why I smoke before performing -Durella

Famously known as King of the Zanga, hip hop singer Durella has revealed the secret of his energetic performance on stage. The singer who was caught recently smoking marijuana backstage just before he mounted the stage to perform at a show which held at the Eko Hotel & Suites, Victoria Island, Lagos, told Sunday Express why he prefers to smoke before going on stage.
This is my life,” he says. “Weed is good for the body. It is a pure herb that helps so many things in the body system. This is one of my inspirations and it goes a long way in making me hyper. You know there are so many enemies out there. So with this, I can do my thing without concerning myself with my enemies. That is not to say without it, I can’t do music, but I take it for herbal related reasons.”
The crooner who was recently made a Chevalier Brandy ambassador in a multi-million-naira endorsement deal added that he was not ready to compromise his life’s principles for stardom.
I grew up in the jungle where you meet the lions and the crocodiles and the shooters, if you are not strong like a lion when you meet the opposition - maybe a hyena - you won’t be able to stand the heat. I grew up in Ajegunle, in Mushin; in those places even when you have done nothing, they just start ‘beefing’ you. There are enemies everywhere. There are enemies in the industry, too, on the streets, in the office, at your home, at the work place - they are everywhere. I need everyone to know that there are enemies because they really tormented me out there in the Zanga; they made me feel like I couldn’t make it in my life but I trusted in God.
I want people who are still trying to survive to know that these people are there - they are there to antagonize; never compromise with them because they are out to pull you down.

I have a lot of friends in the industry, who love me, and a lot of friends who pretend they love me but they are enemies, but I never mind because I believe I have come into this world for a purpose. They say what’s good for the goose is good for the gander; so if you bust your gun I will bust my revolver. For the fact that I am quiet and I do not speak much doesn’t mean that I do not have an opposite.”
On the business side of his life, the weird act said he is working on producing his own brand of condoms called Durella condom, which will be launched anytime soon. Recently, he also dropped his first official single featuring Wizkid from his forthcoming album entitled Back/Better/Bada,. Meanwhile Durella is set to begin his European tour soon starting with Belgium, France, Italy and UK, in that order.

Written by: Omotola Olaifa

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment