INTRODUCING: TUNDE DA SAUCE A.K.A "SPIFFY"


Tunde da Sauce better known as Spiffyhas been doing his thing underground for some time now and we caught up with him as he premieres his much talked about single Ant in my Pants …..lets hear what he had to say..

 FOR THOSE WHO DON’T KNOW YOU, CAN YOU PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF TO ALOTEDA’S BLOGZINE?

I am Tunde da Sauce better known as Spiffy. An artiste; I sing & rap, a student and also an entertainer.

CAN YOU PLEASE SHARE A LITTLE ABOUT YOUR BACKGROUND?

I grew up from a Christian family of 3, the only son and the 2nd child. From Abeokuta, Ogun State, dad is an engineer while my mum is a business woman. Attended Imola day nur/pri School & Baptist Boys High School, Abeokuta at Secondary level. Was born and breed in Lagos.

GOING DOWN MEMORY LANE, WHAT WAS IT LIKE GROWING UP?

Growing up was fun, even if i was from an Average family, I had one of the best childhood any child would wish for. Things became Kind of tough when i moved to the boarding house cos I wasn't used to the kind of life there, but I endured it cos my dad made sure I completed my secondary education there. After my Secondary school, things weren't as smooth as they were cos my parents got separated so I had to stay with my granny's along with my cousins. Though it wasn't easy, going through trials &Challenges as a growing man but I still give Thanks to GOD cos it made me better and Stronger.

DO YOU HAVE ANY ON-GOING PROJECT OR ARE YOU WORKING TOWARDS ONE?

Definitely, though the initial project was supposed to be Tunde da sauce's mixtape but I had to pause on that so I could fully concentrate on SpiFFy's album. I have got singles and a new one Out now 'ANT IN MY PANT' which features acts Like Trick, Tuburna and Larry try, more singles will be dropping soon. So the next big thing should be my album which is expected to be ready sometime in 2012 by GOD's grace.
And for your readers who missed the opportunity to download 'ANT IN MY PANT' here is the link :     Ant in my pants download

ARE YOU SINGLE, SERCHING, ENGANGED?

Hmmmm, Am not single nor married, neither am I Engaged, only exchanged vows with my first love which is Music. Am married to my music and don't think we ever going to divorce.

TALKING ABOUT SHOWBIZ, HOW DID YOU GET STARTED?

Showbiz is something that has been part of Me ever since I was young cos i had so much Interest in entertainment. But as for music, it started when I joined the school church choir in junior school, it was at  that point I knew I could sing but prior to that time I knew showbiz was Something I was going to go in to. Professionally, I started doing music in 2007 cos I was influenced while always Listening to the likes of Sauce Kid, eLDee, 2face idibia, Gino, D'banj, naeto C, Sound sultan, DJ Jimmy Jatt's Definition, ghetto P, lil wayne, Rickross, Jadakiss, styles P & D-Block to name a Few...so I was really inspired and felt I could Come out with my own kind of stuff also, and With the help & encouragement I was getting from My friends, I decided to take it serious.
 
 WHAT CAN YOU PIN-POINT AS THE GREATEST THING YOU'VE ACHIEVED SO FAR?

So far so good, I can't really say I’ve achieved much cos am still up & coming. But One priceless thing I’ve achieved is, “Seeing music as an Art and placing Myself on the track of mastering her”.

WHERE DO YOU SEE SHOWBIZ IN NIGERIA IN THE NEXT 5 YEARS?

On the music aspect, look back at music down Here as at 15years ago then you will know it has experienced a great development. The days of blacky, Junior& Pretty, Trybesmen, Remedies, Plantashun boyz, if you had asked them the same Question they will say almost the same thing am about to tell you; more exposure for artiste, big Brands coming into play & more sponsors. We now Have big names like Wyclef, Busta Rhymes, Snoop Dogg, Akon, Chamillonaire, Chiddy Bang e.t.c all Having a Nigerian connection and not forgetting Multinational brands like MTN, GLO, ETISALAT, STAR and the rest getting themselves involved in the our entertainment today. so I see us growing Bigger and becoming global

ANY REGRETS SO FAR?

Not really, the only regret is that I don’t have any regret that will make me have any regret.

ASIDES FROM ENTERTAINMENT, WHAT DO YOU DO?

Am a student and also a computer engineer

WE ALL HAVE DREAMS & ASPIRATIONS, LOOKING BACK; CAN YOU BOLDY SAY YOURS ARE ACCOMPLISHED?

My dream is my life, I live my dream and The last time I checked my watch, it was almost 6am....so I know it’s time for me to wake up and Live my dream like I always do.

HOW CAN YOU GET THOSE WHO HAVE SAME DREAMS WITH YOU BUT HAVE NO PHYSICAL HELPER START?

First of all, you have to believe in yourself, be unique, be prayerful, try your best and leave the rest to GOD. Once you keep trying with no help, someday a helper would come. Believe me.

WHAT SHOULD FANS LOOK OUT FOR FROM YOU?

GREATNESS....cos that’s what I represent, but Will prefer not to say much and let my music do the talking for me. Most times things are better done than said

ON A FINAL NOTE

Be yourself, be real, think wisely, don't do Drugs, believe in yourself at all Times and always put GOD first in all you do. Thank you

Share this:

CONVERSATION

1 comments: