Obafemi Martins Completes Seattle Transfer



Nigeria striker Obafemi Martins has expressed his relief at completing his protracted move from Levante to Seattle Sounders after an administrative delay. The 28-year-old announced he would join the Major League Soccer side last month but was held up by his Spanish club.

Sounders have now paid the 3m euros [about $4 million] to trigger Martins' get-out clause after lengthy negotiations with Levante.

"Wow, finally I can now announce that I have just signed for Sounders FC. A big step to take in my career. It's a big challenge but I'm ready," Martins tweeted on Monday evening.

"I look forward to this new era in my career...I also look forward to meet my new team mates and the Sounders FC fans, my new family.

"God bless you all, I appreciate all your love, support and well wishes." He also thanked his fans at Levante.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment